Workshop with a board shaper
Shape, make & ride !
The Idea : Create a homemade snowboard
Loïc, our Local insider craftsman is fascinated by woodwork and all that revolves around the design, shaping and manufacture of homemade snowboards. With The Local Bird Loic opens the doors of his workshop for you to learn and construct your own Board or Skis.
For who ?
Any rider who wants a perfect match in terms of shape, flex, solidity and durability to give unique personalised performance. The workshop is available to all and you create your own equipment guided safely by Loïc. At his side, discover the craft of a shaper, his skills, his tools and the pleasure of creating your own gear.
And of course, you get to leave with a board cut to revolutionise your mountain time.
2 workshops to choose from
Watch & Learn
Get to understand manufacturing in more detail, watch and learn the handling of machines with Loics perfect knowledge. Practice under the wise and experienced eye of the shaper and learn his tips / tricks. There is the possibility of covering specific themes, for example: Exploring decorative veneer and manufacturing of the core, etc.
For this 1st workshop, we will work on the Marquetry . You will have the possibility to choose your own raw material depending on stock availability: between bamboo, walnut or padouk. Learn the basics and leave with your top sheet! Idea: prepare your top sheet and continue manufacturing on a 5 day internship.
– Equipment provided : .glasses, earphones, apron, combination.
– Dates : Saturday 8 April – Workshop : 3 to 4 people
– Location: Le Châble, Beaumont (à 30min d’Annecy en direction de Genève)
– Duration : 1 day – 9h to 17h – Lunch included
– Price : 150€/pers + en supp. Raw material costs: bamboo, walnut, padouk from 45 €
Make your board
Complete manufacture of a board by a simple method. Make your own snowboard with tips of the shaper and his adapted tools. Leaving with a board carved by yourself.
First up: choice of a model among those in the Loic’s range.
1 Female model: Igual 149
3 male models:
- – Pow Melo 174 => swallow freeride powder
- – Igual 158 => multi-purpose freeride
- – Igual 158 wide => multi-purpose freeride
Contact us for photos.
Day 1. Introduction to the making of a snowboard, a little theory during coffee, preparation of the core. Day 2. Preparation of the veneer, edge bending. Choice of veneer: bamboo, walnut, padouk. Day 3. Fiber cutting and molding preparation. Day 4. Casting, cutting. Private day with the shaper for every person to create the perfect board. Day 5. Glazing and cutting resulting in your own finished board.
- – Dates: please contact us
- – Equipment provided: glasses, earphones, apron, combination.
- – Workshop: from 1 to 3 people
- – Duration: 5 days on 5 Saturdays – 9am to 6pm – lunches included
- – Price: 1 550 € / pers
– Mask with cartridge + a pair of compulsory gloves can be supplied by the shaper, from 50 €. This protective equipment will be yours and you can reuse them for your future manufacturing work at home.
– Preparation of the sole and the sharpening of the edges by a skiman, 30 € extra. RESERVER MAKE YOUR BOARD
The courses can be privatised to 1 person, contact us for more information.
And for skiers, a workshop is in preparation so stay tuned! We will let you know here when the workshop is available.